Thursday, April 21, 2016

Meet Lucy

After Sam passed away I wanted to get another dog right away.  David wanted to wait a while so we could travel and stuff.  I talked him into getting another dog in the spring.  We were going to go to Hawaii then get one but as usual things don't go as planned.  When I found out I had cancer we postponed our Hawaii plan.  I wasn't sure how long my treatment would take so it was hard to plan ahead.  We decided to just get a dog when I was done with my treatment.  David was anxious about a puppy chewing up everything we own!  Including our new kitchen remodel.  I looked quite a bit and we decided a rescue dog was a good option because hopefully their puppy chewing would be over with.  We were open to different dogs but I really like dachshunds so I mostly looked at them.  We found a dachshund rescue in Oregon.  I looked at lots of different dogs as they came there, and read all their stories.  There was lots of cute ones I wanted them all!  David kept telling me to not look until it was time because I would find one that fit us and it would be gone before we were ready.  Then one day I saw Lucy.  She is so cute!  Her background story is she lived with an 84 year old lady in poor health that had to move to an assisted living so she couldn't take her with.  We meet her 2 weeks ago today and took her home with us.  She is very sweet and cute but is very attached to me!  She doesn't like to be left alone ever.  Every time we go to the store or dinner or the gym she goes crazy and chews up everything in her kennel.  When she is at home or work with me she is super quite and just sleeps unless people approach her, then she growls or barks at them but she warms up quickly.  I think she just sat around with her previous owner.  She sleeps a lot and doesn't seam to know what grass is, or how to play by her self, or its ok to do things without me a feet away from her.  We are working on that.  She is a good listener and know a lot of things.  Unlike Sam she is really good in the car!  She seams smart.  Her favorite thing is belly rubs!  We think she is almost 3.  We will be going on her first camping trip this weekend.  I hope she does good so the one next month will go great. I think she will be a fun addition to our family!
the day we picked her up

David sharing his pepperoni

waiting for a belly rub

playing in the garden

at work between clients

every time we leave

Running to me

1 comment: