Saturday, January 30, 2016

Just what the doctor ordered

David and my anniversary was this week so we decided to take an impromptu trip to Las Vegas, where we had got married 3 years ago.  With everything that has been going on I decided we needed a little get away.  It was perfect.  We used some airline miles then rented a mustang when we got there and stayed in a hotel off the strip.  The hotel had a movie theater, bowling alley, bingo hall, about 10 restaurant's and more so we really didn't need to go anywhere else but we did.  While there we went bowling for our first time together and David saw StarWars (again) while I took a nap.
The first night we saw a comedy show in the hotel that was great.  Louie Anderson was the headliner and he was really funny!  Since we had a fun car the next morning we drove to Red Rock.  I can't believe it's rated the best thing to do in Vegas and I have never been there before!  It is a beautiful area with lots of hiking trails.  I didn't have enough energy to go hiking yet though but should next time.  The weather would have been perfect for a hike though.  It was about 60 degrees and sunny the whole time. 

We also went shopping were I stocked up on jeans that I thought were a great deal and they even shipped them home to me for free so I didn't have to limit myself to what fit in my carry-on. :)  Another day we went to the Shelby car factory for a free tour.  It was interesting to see and learn.  I liked this one car and took a few pictures of it then during the tour I learned that one was worth over 26 million! It was the first Shelby ever made and all original still.
First Shelby


inside the factory
 Later that evening we enjoyed a great steak dinner.  On our anniversary we drove to the Hoover Dam.  I've been there before but don't think I have done the tour before so we did.  I learned a lot about how they built it.  It was impressive!  After the tour we walked across the bridge for an amazing view.



Later that day we flew home.  It was the perfect relaxing, sunny weekend that I was hoping for.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great trip. Rebecca and I are envious of the warm weather and the last minute getaway. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete