Thursday, January 21, 2016

funny story (well sorta)

 We are still working on the remodel.  Things are mostly going well.  Didn't get quite as far as we had hoped but we had a few unexpected things come up, not from the remodel just life, ok me.  Anyway I was waiting to post pictures until we were done but maybe I'll post some early.  One thing we got was all new appliances.  How exciting! But things weren't going so smooth.  When they brought the washer and dryer they scratched our brand new floor!  First the installed them flip/flop from the way the hook ups were and how we wanted so we asked them to change it.  When they pulled them out to change them they didn't protect the floor like they had the first time.  That's when I figured the scratches happened.  I didn't notice until they had left though because I was to worried about the fridge not fitting!  We had ordered the nicer, fancier one and had measured the space ahead of time but for some reason it wasn't working! David had to cut the counter top off to get it in.  Good thing the new counter wasn't here yet.  It had been already been measured but we adjusted it in time.  Back to the dryer, needless to say I was distracted and hadn't noticed the scratches until they had left.  I thought about it and decided not to say anything about it to them.  A few weeks later as I'm loving my new dryer (it works so fast) David says to me does it always make that funny noise?  I said yep! He said that's not right, I said it's fine I just ignore it because works amazing!  He called the repair man to fix it.  About a week later the guy came out and of 'course had to order a part.  He came back and put the new part in.  I didn't do laundry for a few days and had fallen a little behind because of the surgery's.  When I finally went to do it the dryer wasn't drying anymore! Ugh!  Now what!   I knew it had to be something simple when the repairman was just there, but David couldn't figure it out.  He called the guy again.  He could come until the next week.  I was running out of work towels and jeans for both of us.  I actually went to my friends house to dry a few necessity's. She is pretty pregnant and has an older dog that was being protective and bit me.  (It was nothing really just figures the way this was going)  The next week the guy didn't call or show up.  David called again.  He said he ordered the part and was waiting till he got it to come out.  I really didn't think we needed a part since I knew it had to be something simple.  I told my client I was on towel ration at work because of the whole ordeal. She insisted on taking them all home and she wash, dried and folded them then brought them back for me with dinner that she had made me too.  Today the dryer guy called the part came in but he wasn't sure if he could get there before David went to work. After I got home I went to see if the dryer had got fixed when I noticed the big dial on the top was turned to no heat instead of heat! Really could that have been it.  I called David and asked if the guy had came out to fix it today.  He said no. He can't make it till next week.  I told him about the knob.  He couldn't believe it either!  Sure enough I turned the knob and was back in business.  Now David has to call him to tell him no need to come out! Ugh  I'm now catching up on laundry and blogging while I'm waiting for them to dry!  2 loads down already! Time to get folding. :)

1 comment: