Sunday, December 27, 2015

December fun

     As I already said December was filled with lots activities going on.  I wanted to post on how much fun it has been.  First I went to see Doranda's family, which I already posted about.  The next weekend David and I went to Malachi's to decorate sugar cookies.  I love sugar cookies but only make them once a year.  They are so much work!  Good thing Layne had already done the baking and we just got to decorate.
Later that week I helped my friend decorate for her birthday dance she has every year.
  I didn't go this year because we drove to Spokane to attend Jarom and Paige's wedding.  It was beautiful!  We could see all the hard work Tianna and others had put into it.  David loved the taco bar!  The flavors were amazing.



Christmas time weddings seam so hectic to fit into the already busy schedule, but I loved it because I was able to see a lot of my family at Christmas time I would not have seen otherwise.  I didn't have to ship presents for the kids either then.




It was a quick trip though.  I would have liked to visit longer but the snowy roads played a factor.  We drove over Saturday and back on Sunday.  The pass was closed both Friday and Monday so it worked out just right.  I had to work Monday too.
     David and I had a fairly quite Christmas this year.  We have still been busy working on the house remodel.  There's lots of little things to still do.  We decided to do stockings only.  On Christmas eve we stopped by Malachi's to bring the kids gifts then went to dinner at my favorite place, Marzano's. 

It's pretty small and you have to have reservations.  I called just a few days ahead of time and wasn't sure if we would be able to get in.  Luckily we did.  I ordered scallops for the first time ever.  Not only is the food delicious but it's also were we ate the night David proposed to me.  Then we looked at Christmas lights after.  We came home and had a fire and watched StarWars.
Not really a Christmas movie but David just bought the 6 dvd set so we can watch them all before we go see the new one since I haven't seen them all and it's been a little while since David has.  The next morning was Christmas!  We just slept in a bit then made some food to take to David's brothers house.  David made a huge prime rib!  It was expecive!  He said he does that instead of buying gifts since we don't need anything and neither does his family.  I made a peppermint/Oreo cheese cake and a cranberry fruit salad.  It all turned out well, but as usual there was more food then we could eat!.  David's nephew Nathan made these beautiful apple pie deserts.



After dinner we came home to watch another StarWars movie.  Today we are having his family over to watch the SeaHawk game!  They already made the playoffs but a win would still be nice.  Hopefully they will go to the Super Bowl again this year, but there are a lot of other teams doing great too.  I'd better start getting the taco's ready.  Tomorrow morning I will be getting surgery on my thyroid.  I'm a little nervous but I'm sure it will go fine.  Well that about wraps up the month for us.  Hope everyone else had a fun month too. 

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you! The kids LOVE their presents; thank you so much! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. Good luck on your surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete