Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sam...part 2

More about Sam....It's still hard for me to write about her because I loved so much about her that bringing up memories makes me miss her even more.  Sam didn't have much hair so she often snuggled under a blanket (or whatever she could find) to keep warm.  Her breed is also know for borrowing under things.






 She wore sweaters and coats to keep warm too.

  She even liked to dress up in Seahawks gear and Halloween costumes. (or so I thought)
David's brother and Sam watching the Seahawks

 

Talitha's 30th birthday party, Hawaiian luau theme




 More so when she was younger maybe.  The older she got the more stubborn and own thoughts she developed.  I really can't believe how smart she was.

 When she was about 7 she developed a degenerative back disease common in her bread that required surgery!  The surgery was really expensive but worth it!  She literally could not feel her back legs so she couldn't walk or even stand up.  The surgeon did a wonderful job and she made a full recovery she did have to stay in a kennel for 6 weeks though.  That was tough.  She didn't mind at first because she was so weak and sore but as she started to feel better she wanted out.  The doctor said it was very important not to let her out though to properly heal. (except to go to the bathroom, which I had to carry her out for.)
Sam loved bones and treats as most dogs do but she also loved ice cream and whip cream! She must have got that from me.






Another favorite of hers was beef jerky!  That she got from David.  She could be sound asleep under the blankets and not even hear David come home from work but when he opened the beef jerky for a midnight snack her nose would start wiggling and her head would pop out of the blanket and into the kitchen she would run. There are so many stories I could share.  One time David cooked a prime rib all day and then we headed out the front door to David's brothers for dinner with the rib but with out Sam and she wasn't happy with us at all.  Here is the proof!
I can't believe my perfect little angle could do such a thing but she did.  The best part of the picture is you can see in the windowsill her calming collar to help her be mellow! haha obviously that didn't work.  Ok I think this is a good stopping point for today.  Next time I'll share some vacation photos.  I know there is lots of pictures here but I'm not only writing this to share with all of you but to keep a copy of my memories of Sam's life for myself.

 

1 comment: