Friday, February 17, 2017

2016 the good, bad and ugly

  I'm obviously behind of blogging...Shocking I know but I figure better late then never.  I wanted to recap 2016.  I guess I'll  start out with the ugly since that was how my year started.  As I think you all know I was surprised when diagnosed with thyroid cancer last January.  This was quite shocking and quite challenging.  I guess the bad part of the year was having lots of doctors appointments involving many test and pokes.  I hate needles!  I don't really know anyone who likes them but was hoping to grow out of my phobia by now.  Other then that everything else was pretty good.
David and I took a quick trip to Vegas in January for our anniversary were we went bowling, went to a comedy show, saw the Shelby museum and took a drive to Red Rock and the Hoover Dam.  In April I had my I-131 treatment and had to be on a special diet, go to the doctor almost every day for shots then be in quarantine for a few days. not fun! When I was in quarantine I had a lot of time to surf the web and browse for a new dog.  I looked at a lot of dogs in all ages, mostly daschunds. We saw a few we liked and filled out applications.  We got a call that we could go meet Lucy.  She was at the Oregon Daschunds Rescue.  We liked her even though she wasn't sure about us.  Through the rest of the year she has brought us so much joy even though the she still skittish of most everything. She gives us lots of kisses in exchange for belly rubs.  She also has these little piggy's she plays with all the time.  I think she thinks they are her baby's.  She checks on them every time she wakes up, gets home or comes in from potty.  Its really cute. 

Then in May we took a nice road trip to visit friends and family.  Over the summer we went to several concerts, bbq's, and other camping trips.  I have been trying to cut back on my work load to fit in more time for friends and family.  In October I made a quick trip to San Diego to visit Doranda and family.
 David stayed home to take care of Lucy and work on the house remodel.  We are getting close to done.  I think its looking great.
  We still have some little things to finish then start on the last bathroom.  This year we are hoping to re-do the fence and widen the driveway soon too.  The holidays were pretty mellow this year.  We didn't do a lot but we did see Dallen at his music concert,
go to a Seahawk game
and a  go to a few friends '40'th birthday party's.  I also went to the memorial service for my friend Sara, she to was 40, way to young to pass away! 
Sara and I (2008?)

That pretty much wraps of the year.  I'm sure there was more festivities.  All and all it was a good year!  I'm looking forward to this year though!  So far I had my 1 year check up and everything looked great!  We have a few camping trips and concerts planned already, including a fun family reunion, however I'm most looking forward to my parents returning from the Philippians!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete