Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tulips

A few weeks ago David and I wanted to go see the tulips. (well probably more me)  I looked into going to the was here in Washington.  There about 2 hours north and I wanted to make a day of it however I noticed they didn't let pets come.  That's understandable but we decided not to go.  A few weeks later I was looking for something to do and noticed there was a tulip festival in Organ. It wasn't much further and not only do they let you bring dogs but they encouraged it by offering a discount if you do, and having a dog costume contest.  We decided to make a weekend of it and get some tax free shopping in too! We knew we were a little late in the month to go but there was still some flowers left.  I really liked the place, they had cool tractors to play on, this tulip train cars, lots of kids rides that looked fun and risibly priced, but I loved seeing the old steam tractors.  I've seen steam trains but never old tractors.  They even worked!  It was a nice little get away. 






3 comments:

  1. Is that the Woodburn Tulip Festival? We used to go to that one when we lived in Salem! But I had no idea about the dogs. I totally would have taken Jackson if I had known! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was Woodburn. I think we will go again someday but not sure if it will be next year....

      Delete